- ▢½ c unsalted butter, softened and room temperature
- ▢1 egg
- ▢1 ½ c flour
- ▢½ c sugar
- ▢⅓ c brown sugar, packed firmly
- ▢1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ▢½ teaspoon sea salt
- ▢½ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢¾ c white chocolate chips
- ▢¾ c dark or regular chocolate chips
- ▢5 candy canes, crushed into fine pieces about ¼ cup plus a tablespoon
- Using a hand or standing mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until nice and creamy. Add in vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated. You don’t want to over-do this part or cookies will be stiff. Just enough until the egg is mixed in (about 20 seconds.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and candy canes.
- If chilling dough, seal tightly and chill up to 3 days before baking. (Allow to sit out 10-15 minutes before you bake them)
- If baking, preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into balls or use a cookie scoop and line on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies look slightly golden. The key here is NOT to over bake these! They may not look done but they are!
- Allow to cool for several minutes before transferring to your mouth–er, a cooling rack.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg